Whether winter or summer is your favorite time of year for trying new good alcoholic drinks,stocking up on alcohol is a must. If you are one of those who want to drink with style, then it is time to set up a proper home bar for your future parties.
But with the extensive range of spirits, mixers, liqueurs and other drinks ingredients available on the market, it is very difficult to know which ingredients can help you prepare good mixed drinks.
Before you start shopping ingredients, you need to determine what you enjoy drinking the most. To prepare good alcoholic beverages for a special occasion, your home bar should have:
With a bottle of each of these alcoholic drinks, you can make a variety of good mixed drinks with different tastes. Mixing drinks at home has many benefits. First of all, it is cheaper than purchasing good alcoholic mixed drinks. Also, mixing drinks can be fun, especially if you are mixing in larger amounts for guests. Here are the best alcoholic drinks that everyone should be able to prepare for the next party.
1) Martini – Martini is one of the best alcoholic drinks you can prepare for a party. It is also one of the most flexible alcoholic drinks and is available in lots of varieties: chocolate martini, apple martini, lemon-drop martini, vodka martini, caramel apple martini, etc. You mix the standard martini ingredients in the manner you want and it still will be a martini. Some people make it extra wet with equal amounts of vermouth and gin, while others prefer it ultra-dry with only a little vermouth. Martini is a cold, crisp and smooth drink, featuring some citrus peel and woody herbs aroma. To prepare a martini, you will need:
- 2 ounces dry gin;
- 1 ounce dry vermouth;
- OPTIONAL: 1 dash orange bitters;
Put these ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice and shake it. Stir the ingredients well and pour your drink into a chilled cocktail glass. You can garnish your glass with a lemon twist, an olive or a slice of cucumber.
2) Margarita – When you go in a bar to have a Margarita, you probably don’t mind whether it is made from pre-mix ingredients or fresh ones. But when you are preparing your Margarita at home, never use pre-mix ingredients. As most good alcoholic drinks, the perfect margarita is made from fresh, crisp flavors with small amounts of triple sec and sugar. The recipe of margarita has only three ingredients: a good triple sec, a high-quality tequila and fresh limes. Here’s what you need to prepare two Margaritas:
- 4 ounces tequila;
- 2 ounces triple sec;
- 1 ½ ounces fresh lime juices;
- 1 tablespoon salt (for the glass rims);
- a cocktail shaker;
- a strainer;
Rub rim of the margarita glasses with a lime and dip them into salt. Pour the tequila, triple sec and lime juice into the cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake them until you feel the bottom of the shaker is frost over. Into the glasses with fresh ice, strain the margaritas. Garnish with lime wheels.
3) Bloody Mary– Bloody Mary is definitely one of the most complex good alcoholic drinks you can prepare at home. If you decide to throw a great party with Bloody Mary, make sure you have a big supply of it, because with a proper recipe, all your friends will love it. This alcoholic drink is prepared on many different ways, according to personal taste. Bloody Mary is classified as a highball, which means it contains a shot or two of booze and is topped of with a non-alcoholic mixer. There are many Bloody Marys available for sale, but a good one is prepared at home using high-quality tomato juice and other quality spices and ingredients. To prepare 1 cocktail, you will need:
- 4 ounces high-quality tomato juice;
- 2 ounces vodka;
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce;
- ¼ teaspoon soy sauce;
- ¼ lemon;
- ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish;
- ¼ lemon;
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce;
- Some dash cayenne pepper;
- Some ground black pepper;
Rub the rim of a 12-ounce tumbler with a lemon and coat the edges with celery salt. Fill the glass with ice and add the Worcestershire, soy, black pepper, cayenne pepper, hot sauce and horseradish. Fill the shake with ice and add vodka, tomato juice and what’s left from the lemon. Shake it and pour it into the ice-filled glass.
4) Jack Rose – When it comes to simple and good mixed drinks, Jack Rose is as easy to prepare as possible. Simple, yet with a thrilling taste that you can never get enough of. Jack Rose is made from applejack, grenadine and lemon juice. When these ingredients are blended, the result are just delicious. If you can’t prepare grenadine, a bottled pomegranate juice can be a perfect alternative. These are the ingredients you need for one drink of Jack Rose:
- 2 ounces of applejack;
- ¾ ounce grenadine (or pomegranate juice);
- ¾ ounces fresh squeezed juice from a lemon;
Put the applejack, grenadine and lemon juice into your cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Shake until all ingredients are well chilled, which takes about 15 seconds. Pour the mixed drink into a martini glass and you are done.
5) Negroni – Negroni is another perfect drink that earns a spot on your list of good alcoholic drinks for party. A blend of sweet and bitter, incredible herbal complexity, Negroni is the perfect refreshing drink for summer and all other seasons. People have been preparing this drink on many different ways, but the three main ingredients have always remained the same: dry gin, Campari and sweet vermouth. Most people use equal amounts of these ingredients, while some have improvised and got pleasant results. It’s all about the personal taste. If you are not willing to risk, here’s how you can prepare two glasses of tried Negroni.
- 2 ounce dry gin;
- 2 ounce Campari;
- 2 ounce sweet vermouth;
Combine the ingredients in two glasses filled with ice, stir a little and twist a piece of orange peel over the glasses for better aroma. Enjoy your Negroni.